Friday, August 17, 2007

Chronicles of Dollar Boy 6

Once in a while, we need to do something crazy just to keep life from being mundane, so it won't be too boring. Maybe even to feel emotions we have forgotten.

When I wrote in a poem the words "drench me... flood every road, every vein...", I never imagined that fate would take it literally!

So I did something crazy last Wednesday. I guess its because the storm was lashing out in Manila. The roads are flooded and cars aren't moving so I have to spend 3 1/2 hours listening to the cheesiest radio station on air. Anyway, I felt I need to do something crazy in connection to Dollar boy. Just to keep him real. Like the real, crazy storm outside.

The Dollar boy in my head is cuter than the real Dollar boy. I realized that when my sister unfeelingly pointed out that he is not that cute. Maybe he is not that cute(he is still cute though), but not all overly cute guys have his slow-dancing stare that I'm so crazy about. It seems that my sister doesn't like him. First, she said that he was too giggly. Then, that cute comment and then she said something that I should hurry to get a job so I can meet someone else. sigh. She doesn't understand. I won't be interested in someone else. There is no one more intriguing than the guy behind the glass window.

He no longer beams at me like he used to. He just smiles. I don't understand, he chats with every person he assists but when it comes to me, it was all business-like, even the flirty smile disappears. So I have to do something drastic. Not minding that it was totally inappropriate.

After all, a girl gotta do what a girl have to do. And I have to ask about that ring, it no longer looks like a college ring to me(maybe it was a different ring, we'll never know). So when we are about to leave, I backtracked. I told him I have to ask him something. He said, "Yes, Ma'am?" (I find that amusing:)) Then there was a silent tension, for dramatic purposes, so he will get the essense of the question thoroughly. I asked him if the ring he is wearing is a wedding ring. He grinned and ask why. I replied, "Just because." He said no. I said ok and stepped away, I heard him laugh(sweet, sweet music). By that time, I was laughing too, I said thank you and saw the gay one in the cubicle beside him looking shocked.

So now he knows I'm interested in his civil status.

However this turns out, I got a kick out of what I did. I really enjoyed it. The last I felt that thrilled was the Japs Sergio event. And that is almost a year ago.

I felt alive that day. Maybe I should ask inappropriate questions more often.