Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hangover

I can still hear the vuvuzelas ringing in my ear. That low-pitched drone that doesn't seem to end, even if I had turned off the TV. The Lukas Podolski song is constantly playing in mind; so I try to counter it with the Jogi Loew song. Atleast Jogi's has a melody that a granny could listen to while Poldi's song has an aggressive ryhthm that just compounds the headache I have since the semi-finals. The last time I watched the poldi song in youtube was two days ago but its still the first thing I hear when I wake up. Watching TV now is painful, since I find all the other programs that doesn't feature 22 guys kicking the ball back and forth boring. During the last week, I watched CNN to get world cup news as well other cable news channels including the ones in languages I don't understand. I think I had read every countless blog entries about the world cup and I could not seem to stop myself from googling those players and gawked at their pictures. (I dare you to look at pictures of Jesus Naves and not stop breathing.) I am now fond of Germany, everything Germany.(This World Cup made me realize I know so little about other countries.I'm reading some Germany and Netherlands info and their social and economic situation made me die of envy.)A month ago the only Germans I know was Hitler and Heidi Klum and it was such a delight to see that modern Germans are more like Heidi than Hitler. I just love the German fans. They are so creative and passionate. They just seems so happy; I want to be like them. This is what I love about this game, you get to see real, raw emotions.

What am I going to do with myself? I am finding my self waking up at 2:30 in the morning?