Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Truth with Slippers

We went to the truth festival last Friday so expect this entry to contain only the truth and nothing but the truth.

In taking long walks, rubber slippers are very comfortable but they can give up on you. After all, we are talking about really long walks here, say, from the World Trade Center to Vito Cruz-Taft.Now, when your slipper snaps; don't panic.It helps if a friend is with you when this happens. That way, he can tell you that it will be ok. Hopefully, he knows the secret of keys. Do you know that keys are important in saving the world? Well, at the very least, they saved me from walking home bare-foot.

I won't tell you the secret of keys though, because it is something you should discover yourself. Just remember to keep keys in handy wherever you go.

**********

More truth

I am now finished with my portfolio, so all I have to do is to write my kick-ass application letter. And man, I am having trouble with it. I think I am pressuring it too much; labelling it as "kick-ass" but you know, I was never good in writing formal letters. They are, you know, formal and I don't sound like me whenever I write formal stuffs. It's like I'm faking it or something. Like I'm pretending. Arggh! I really want to write that application letter and I want it to kick-ass because I really, really want that job! I want that career. I want that life!

***********

Moving on to glass slippers

Watching Cinderella was just lovely. It is surely going to be one of my treasured memories. I was trying to watch it from a little girl's point of you. Wow. I have seen the movie version of this play but it paled compared to this. It was really good, the production design was really good and I love those songs. Sigh. And the moon during the ball, is like the most whimsical thing I have ever seen. Th face of the moon had dancing partners on it. That is such a romantic thought.

***********

And lastly, as I have discovered lately, it is difficult to tell the truth when there are a lot of things you don't want to say.